Ikoyi Building Collapse: Governor Sanwo-Olu speaks at the swearing-in of the tribunal of inquiry into the collapsed 21-story building on Gerrard Road in Ikoyi on November 4, 2021. The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has said that only 19 names of missing ladies and men have been registered thru various families for the reason that the Ikoyi building crumble. The Governor said this on Thursday whilst updating the pressing on the steps being taken to rescue the victims. He moreover stated that the continuing corona inquest on the our our bodies evacuated from the internet internet site on line modified into predicted to be concluded thru Friday (tomorrow) after which families might be invited to understand them. “Yesterday (Wednesday), we opened a join up for people that have missing ladies and men or loved ones whom they believed must have been at the webweb web page in advance than the crumble. As I communicate here, it’s miles handiest 19 names of missing people that have been registered.Some of them have pictures, others do now not. This list should help us to get statistics on the manifest of those at the internet internet site on line,” he modified into quoted to have said in a statement through manner of method of his Chief Press Secretary, Gboyega Akosile. “As of this afternoon, we have got were given recovered a whole of 32 our our bodies.We are conducting a corona inquest on the our our bodies and thru tomorrow (Friday), we’re hoping the exercising would possibly have been concluded.That is the deadline we gave to the corona just so the families can come and find out the our our bodies recovered so far.” Earlier on Thursday, the Governor visited Lagos Island General Hospital in which survivors of the building crumble are being given medical attention. According to him, one of the nine people rescued has been moved to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH) in Ikeja for advanced medical examination, but he is not in a life-threatening situation. Three survivors were moreover discharged days ago.The building – a high-rise beneathneath manufacturing thru Fourscore Homes, a Lagos-based absolutely real belongings firm, collapsed on Monday afternoon. While it is however to be easy the entire amount of people withinside the building at the time of the incident, witnesses say dozens may additionally moreover however be trapped under the rubble.
According to the Lagos State deputy governor, Obafemi Hamzat, who visited the internet internet site on line on Tuesday, the 21-storey building were cordoned off in June after it had did not meet structural specifications. Workers, but, recently resumed artwork on the high-rise. Prior to the crumble, there were three structures on the webweb web page and no matter the truth that the governor did now not offer statistics approximately the amount of floors permitted for the houses, he said the two others are every 15-storey structures. Three Days Of Mourning Meanwhile, Governor Sanwo-Olu has declared three days of mourning over the incident.All flags are to be flown at half-mast in public and private houses and dependable engagements cancelled throughout the mourning period.